Hostelling International - Canada is a community of travelers dedicated to maintaining a network of hostels throughout the nation which provides a secure, economical choice in an environment that promotes a greater understanding of peoples, places and cultures through hostelling. HI-Canada relies on partnerships to deliver its mission to the fullest.
This award is to show our appreciation to those who share our values and assist us in our continued success. It recognizes the many ways in which HI-Canada receives valuable support through the lens of the Difference text www.hihostels.ca/the.difference.we.make which embodies how the organization wants to affect the world, and encourages and supports our partners to do the same. There are two possible categories for this award; National (beginning 2011) and Local (beginning 2012). Nominations will be accepted from regions or HI-C.
The criteria which the partner must meet to be considered by the National Awards Jury are:
- Service majority of all regions or cooperate with HI-C or Majority of regions OR offer National level service;
- Collaborate with HI since at least 1 year;
- Invest jointly in resources;
- Work as a team, for consensus and consultation;
- In good standing with HI-C and IYHF.
An official nomination form includes a description of no less than 100 and no more than 200 words, signatures from both HI-C / regional association and a representative of the nominated partner to be considered by the jury.
HI-Canada recognizes the importance of our community of travelers and embraces the technology of our culture. HI-C members will vote on the national website from a pre-selected list of finalists based on the following 5 criteria:
- Provide enriching experiences for all, especially the young, to seek life-long learning about the diverse peoples and places;
- Facilitate access to travel geographically, through local programs and opportunities, or to those least able to afford it;
- Adding value to the local community through shared use of physical and program assets and contributions to the success of other non-profit coalitions/organizations;
- Minimize the negative impact it has on the earth and its residents;
- Communication tools ensure personal connections and a global community of travellers are maintained.
Members of HI-Canada who cast a vote will be entered into a draw to win one (1) free Life Membership and two (2) free nights in a private room in the Canadian HI hostel of their choice.
The Partner of the Year award will be bestowed to the winner of the on-line vote. The final list will be placed on HI-C's website no later than Oct. 17/11 and the voting will take place between Oct. 17/11 and Nov. 6/11. To protect the other Partners involved in this process and to keep the suspense until the presentation this award will be decided by secret ballot.
The award recipient will get a plaque and a free three (3) month banner on the HI-C website. The other finalists will each receive a free one (1) month banner on HI-C's website.
At the Jury's discretion this award may or may not be bestowed in full or in part every year.
The one year reference period for this award ends at March 31.