Getting Around Lake Louise
If you are currently debating the pros and cons of renting a car or taking the bus, here is some local tips to help you out:
- We are only 5 minutes walk from the bus station.
- There is a rental car agency in town, where you can rent a car from $60/day.
- We have a ride board here at the hostel and it's a great place to ask for a ride, suggest sharing gas for a mini tour or getting together to pay for a rental car for the day.
- The hostel parking lot is great place to ambush people for rides.
- Giving other guests of the hostel a ride is a great way to meet new people and travel companions.
- Hitching up the road to see Lake Louise is fairly common, however the walk is quite nice as well. Ask the Front Desk staff which trail to take before you go.
Travelling around National Park is very doable by bus, but getting to the out of the way places, especially trailheads, can be challenging without a vehicle. HI-Lake Louise Alpine Centre strongly promotes ride-sharing.