Breathtaking view of Clayoquot Sound
Whalers on the Point Guesthouse offers reasonably priced accommodation in Tofino BC, Canada. p>
Part of the Hostelling International network of worldwide backpacker's hostels, Whalers on the Point Guesthouse, HI-Tofino, was constructed in 1999 with your comfort in mind and provides guests with the opportunity to meet and interact in it's spacious living and dining rooms. To ensure a good nights sleep, guests can also relax in the sauna or shoot a game of pool in Whalers' games room.
- Located in downtown Tofino, close to all the amenities
- Breathtaking view of the Pacific Ocean & Clayoquot Sound
- Private, family and share rooms with complimentary bedding & room lockers
- 24 Hour Guest Access
- Fully equipped self-catering kitchen
- Ocean view dining & living rooms, with fireplace and library
- Games room with complementary pool table & foos ball game
- T.V. room, with full cable, movie channel, & DVD
- Internet kiosk & Free WiFi
- Coin-op laundry
- Patio with BBQ
- Wet sauna (complimentary each evening)
- Bicycle, surf board, & wet suit storage & rinse station
- Fully wheel chair accessible
- Free On-Site Parking
For more information, visit the HI-Tofino website at www.tofinohostel.com.
The Perfect Time to Come and Visit!
Whale watching season is now at its prime, and will last well into October. Gray Whales migrating past the shores of Tofino, along with Orcas & Humpbacks. Whale watch trips last between 2 - 3 hours, with most trips taken by Zodiac boat.
There is also the deluxe trip, the Hot Springs/Whale Watch combination, with trips lasting 6 hours. You see whales, eagles and sea lions, and hike a ½ hour boardwalk through old-growth forest, arriving at the natural hot springs for that relaxing soak.
You can see Tofino harbour by water with a 2 ½ hour guided kayak trip. There's also the 4 hour trip which includes a hike along the "Big Tree Trail", where you see some of the giants of the world.
And of course don't forget the "surf". Beach combing and surfing; they're always awesome in Tofino! Board rentals and lessons are available.