Spend a night, not a fortune!
Are you looking for mountains of adventure in an area that caters to absolutely every mountain activity you can think of?
Are you looking for a unique and vibrant town nestled in the Canadian Rockies?
Are you looking for a reasonably priced cold pint to finish your day...$3.50! Complimentary pancakes drizzled in syrup for breakfast, sunny patios with epic views, a sauna to relax your muscles after a day in the mountains and friendly and informative customer service?
Well look no further, come and stay with us at HI-Fernie, the Raging Elk hostel, the perfect base camp for your adventure!
Nestled in the heart of the Canadian Rockies, HI-Fernie, the Raging Elk Hostel combines an outrageous social experience, with easy access to the sickest powder skiing and snowboarding on the planet and the most radical mountain biking in Canada. You'll also find world class fly fishing, extreme white water rafting, diverse hiking trails and a cool mountain community right on our doorstep!
Why stay at HI-Fernie, the Raging Elk Hostel?
Our hostel boasts deluxe private rooms, group rooms, family rooms & individual dorm beds. Facilities include large common lounges, theatre style TV room, reading area, fully equipped self-catering kitchen, internet stations, FREE WIFI, coin laundry, pool table and sauna. There's onsite parking with plug ins, ski and snowboard workshop, bike and sports equipment storage, bike wash station and ski shuttle. Plus you get a FREE daily rocky mountain pancake breakfast and FREE bookings to your next HI hostel. And don't miss the Kodiak Lounge.
Check out our Raging Elk group Facebook page
Need more convincing? Here are some of the awards HI-Fernie and Fernie as a destination have earned:
- HI-Fernie, Raging Elk voted best cheap sleep - Best skiing in Canada awards... Ski Canada magazine 2011
- HI-Fernie, Raging Elk voted best budget accommodation in Fernie - Gold winner 2011 and 2012 by Fernie Fix readers
- Raging Elk voted best hostel in the east Kootenays 2010 and 2011 by Kootenay business magazine
- Fernie is rated in National Geographic's 25 best ski towns with HI-Fernie, Raging Elk listed as Best Digs - Budget
- Fernie Alpine Resort - Named North American Resort of the year
- Fernie is selected by outside magazine as North America's top 20 dream towns
- Skiing magazine extended the honour to Fernie of # 10 in the world ranking of resorts
- Rolling Stone Magazine - awarded Fernie the best little town in North America
To read more about what you can do in Fernie click here...