Affordable Accommodation in fernie, bC.
Nestled in the heart of the Canadian Rockies, HI-Fernie, the Raging Elk Hostel combines an outrageous social experience, with easy access to the sickest powder skiing and snowboarding on the planet and the most radical mountain biking in Canada. You'll also find world class fly fishing, extreme white water rafting, diverse hiking trails and a cool mountain community right on our doorstep!
Complimentary Rocky Mountain pancakes drizzled in syrup on the daily!
Affordable Accommodation for All travellers
Our hostel boasts deluxe private rooms, group rooms, family rooms & individual dorm beds. Check out our availability by using our BOOK NOW feature.
Excellent Facilities throughout the Hostel
Facilities include large common lounges, theatre style TV room, reading area, fully equipped self-catering kitchen, internet stations, FREE WIFI, coin laundry, pool table and sauna. There's onsite parking with plug-ins, ski and snowboard workshop, bike and sports equipment storage, bike wash station and ski shuttle.
Check out our Raging Elk group Facebook page
After a long day enjoying the rocky mountains, be it hiking, rafting, walking, skiing, sledding or snowboarding you'll need to rest your feet. Take a rest and grab a cold drink at our very popular lounge, where you can get $3.50 pints!
Need more convincing? Here are some of the awards HI-Fernie and Fernie as a destination have earned:
- HI-Fernie, Raging Elk voted best cheap sleep - Best skiing in Canada awards... Ski Canada magazine 2011
- HI-Fernie, Raging Elk voted best budget accommodation in Fernie - Gold winner 2011 and 2012 by Fernie Fix readers
- Raging Elk voted best hostel in the east Kootenays 2010 and 2011 by Kootenay business magazine
- Fernie is rated in National Geographic's 25 best ski towns with HI-Fernie, Raging Elk listed as Best Digs - Budget
- Fernie Alpine Resort - Named North American Resort of the year
- Fernie is selected by outside magazine as North America's top 20 dream towns
- Skiing magazine extended the honour to Fernie of # 10 in the world ranking of resorts
- Rolling Stone Magazine - awarded Fernie the best little town in North America
To read more about what you can do in Fernie click here...